Friday, October 1, 2010

Summer's Over- Back to Work, Son!

Yeah, I took an extended break from this blog or whatever, sue me. I promised a review of Cleveland. Well, normally I wouldn't have anything about it since the place is a total non-event. It's nice, has trees, has a lake, has some buildings and has some white people. Great. No wonder Legay left, it's definitely not Souf Beach and Mo Williams is not Wade.

On to more important things, like how I didn't go to Vegas - fail. I am currently working on correcting that problem. You know what else is a fail? Liverpool Football Club. They are not only failing on the pitch but they are basically going to go bankrupt soon. It's so depressing watching them play and Roy Hodgson looks helpless sitting there on his ass. At least FIFA 11 is out so I can write them a different destiny.

What douchebag thought this Outsourced idea would be good? No one likes those Indian call centers with the people who you can't understand so why make a show about it? I see that shit and I'm like, no wonder the call centers freaking suck. Another slight, slight issue I have with the show is that it's not funny one little bit. Great job, NBC, I am never calling any help desk ever again. Thank God I bought a Mac.

The Office season premiere was kind of weak; that show needs to end soon. Community is definitely back stronger than ever as is Modern Family. I know she's jail bait and at the risk of sounding creepy, the oldest daughter on MF is going to be hot pretty soon. Wait a minute, I just looked her up on IMDB, she's 20! I am such an idiot for thinking I was being creepy, I totally wasn't, although, she does look like she's 14.

Want to hear more of my useless opinions on TV shows? Sure, I'll oblige you. Boardwalk Empire looks like it's good, but I can't say for sure because I was kind of drunk when I watched the first two episodes. Oh well. Hawaii Five-O? Freaking watchable. Off the charts watchable. A little bit of Scott Caan, a hearty helping of Jin from LOST, a few wise cracks, a few explosions and a lot of Grace Park is a win in my book.

The Event is pretty absurd. It's like Eli Manning: I have no clue whether to like, love, hate, root-for, help or not care about it. That's why I am officially nicknaming Eli Manning "The Event." Every throw is an event in and of itself. Anything from a frozen rope back shoulder throw in tight coverage to a ball sailed 10 yards high to a Helmet Catch. Sack fumbles are on the table all day long and so is him squirming out of it to chuck up a 35 yard wobbling duck to David Tyree who then makes a Helmet Catch. Helmet Catch, Helmet Catch, Helmet Catch. Giants won the Superbowl. Fuck you, Tom Brady. Anyway, yeah, Eli is The Event.

I guess that's all I had to say for now. Starting today is fall birthday season at Burbon Street, 46th between 8th and 9th. You don't need to know whose birthday, he sucks. All you need to know is that they have a lot of Burbon and hopefully so will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment