Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's 2011? Weird. It's been a while since I've been motivated to write anything, mainly because the holidays are so taxing a season. Vegas was a resounding success despite getting decimated in blackjack. It's a good thing the nights are fuzzy because I'd probably be more depressed about it if I remembered specifics. I do, however, have some fantastic text exchanges with my friend regarding how much money we owed each other at various times during the trip. We went to L'Atelier at the MGM for dinner...so good. SO SO GOOD. It's a must-do if any of ya'll head out there. Make sure you get someone else to pay, though, because it's pretty expensive. As an aside - never play Ceelow. Just don't do it.

Something I will never understand is how a city the size, organization and savvy of New York can become completely debilitated by a snow storm. It happens every year at least two to three times during the winter and yet the city basically shuts down when it happens and people start behaving as though a tsunami is right off the coast, myself included. Granted a major blizzard is a different story but even a measly 6-12" sends us back to the dark ages. Unacceptable. Needless to say, I can't wait for 40 degree weather.

I don't have much to say about television; most of the shows have wound down and there wasn't anything overly spectacular. Dexter did not reach the heights that it did in Season Four but it was still a decent showing, overall. The Oscar movie season is in full swing and I am way behind. I'll try to catch up and drop some knowledge in the next few weeks.

I remain depressed about Liverpool. I have a feeling this will be the case for quite some time. They freaking suck. The Giants also shipped it in a big way which has made the NFL Playoffs more about praying for the demise of the Jets and Eagles than rooting for a team. I know I cussed out Tom Brady in this web log several months ago, but I will recant for this weekend. Please make Rex Ryan shut the hell up. His girth is making me ill and his mouth is even fatter than his belly. I have no opinion on who will win it all; the Pats seem like they should be heavy favorites but what happens if they have to play the Ravens again? There's no telling who could come out of the NFC, either. The Bears actually have a shot this year (puke) but that wouldn't be as bad as having to watch the ever boring Falcons or the terrible Seahawks. I guess I am rooting for Green Bay?

UNC seems like they aren't terrible, but we'll find out more when they have to play ACC competition. I made it back to MSG to watch them play Slutgers and they dispatched them pretty handily. Larry Drew II is still a mess but he may be less of one than last year. Dexter Strickland is probably my favorite guy on the team and if John Henson ever developed a jumpshot, some footwork, some muscle, some dribbling skills, a jump-hook or a free throw shot he'd be a lottery pick. Unfortunately, as it stands, he's gumby and all he can do is grab easy rebounds, dunk on alley-oops and block shots. Someone needs to spend a summer drilling him into shape so the Heels can get back on the map.

This was boring, I know. Sorry! I bid you adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment